Letter - Accidents are no surprise
It is not at all surprising that there are so many accidents on Blacker Lane.
I use this road often and find at least 50 per cent of cars and vans have their off-side wheels on my side of the centre white line on the bad corners, on this notorious road, which leads me to comment - why do people drive large 4x4 vehicles if they can’t place them correctly on corners?
Obviously, if both vehicles on a corner are over the white line, an accident will happen.
Much as I abhor HGVs using this road, and they should be stopped, I find that they are not the ones causing the frequent accidents, large cars and vans are to blame.
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Unemployment still at highest since the 1990s
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North