Letter - Check effect of HS2 on your homes
Beware Governments bearing gifts...
The proposed HS2 railway line, when it eventually gets here, will by-pass Wakefield.
Presumably we who are here will have to travel to Leeds for a superfast London train and incoming business will by-pass us too.
In passing round Wakefield the line will plough through the countryside very close to Wintersett and other country parks, crossing historic Walton Park, the world’s first nature reserve on an embankment, only yards from Charles Waterton’s grave.
If you live east of Wakefield - Cold Hiendley, Wintersett, Ryhill, Walton, Crofton, Altofts, Woodlesford or use these localities for recreation, you would be wise to check the maps (Google hs2) and see how hs2 affects your home and the peace, scenery and wildlife around east Wakefield.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North