Two bus operators have stepped in after a company cancelled all of its services.
Tates Travel Group announced it had ceased trading on Monday.
A statement on West Yorkshire Metro’s website said services run by the company would no longer operate.
And passengers were given less than 24 hours notice that the routes had been cancelled.
Arriva will take over the following services:
- 29B - South Hiendley - Pontefract (Mon-Fri mornings)
- 157 - Wakefield - Normanton - Pontefract (Mon-Sat evenings)
- 443 - Wakefield - Hall Green (evenings)
- 485 - Wakefield - Ackworth - South Elmsall (daily)
Yorkshire Tiger will also run the number 75, 75A and 76 Middleton ASDA circular services.
Services that have been cancelled are:
- 24 - Barnsley - Penistone - Denby Dale (Mon-Sat daytime)
- 28, 28A, 28B, 29 - Barnsley - Hemsworth - Pontefract (Mon-Sat evenings & Sunday) (Stagecoach services are unaffected)
- 92 - Barnsley - Penistone - Holmfirth (Mon-Sat daytime)
- 96 - Barnsley - West Bretton - Wakefield (Mon-Sat daytime)
- 96A - Barnsley - Denby Dale (Saturdays)
- 97 - Woolley Village - Wakefield (Mon-Fri daytime)
Timetables for the routes being operated by the new companies will be unchanged.
For alternative travel, call MetroLine on 0113 245 7676.