Children require treatment after Wakefield flat fire

editorial image

Two children and two adults had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a pan fire in Wakefield.

The incident, started by a unattended pan in the kitchen, happened at an address in Sanderson Street at 12.35am on Sunday.

Firefighters from Wakefield Station used a positive pressure fan to clear the smoke.

The adults and children suffered slight smoke inhalation and were given a precautionary check up by the ambulance service at the scene.

There were no smoke detectors at the property, but West Yorkshire Fire Service has since fitted some.