Chip pan sparks Kettlethorpe house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

TWO men had to be taken to hospital after a chip pan burst into flames.

Firefighters were called to a house on Kettlethorpe Road at 9.15pm last night (Monday).

Two men were taken to Pinderfields Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.

Watch Commander Mick Fox, of Wakefield Fire Station, said: “If a chip pan starts a fire people should make sure they turn off the heat source if possible.

“They should close the doors, get out of the property and call the fire brigade.”