The competition is starting to heat up!
We’ve got our top finalists for the Chip Shop Of The Year 2016 and now the competition is all about finding who will be number one.
You’ve given us ten mouth-watering candidates and now it’s time to ensure your favourite nets the top spot. What is it that keeps your favourite that keeps you going back for more? The food obviously will have a massive say. Is it a signature fish dish exclusive to them? What about the service and the welcome you receive? Or perhaps it’s that you just know that pound for pound, the value you get at your favourite just can’t be beaten?
So who do you want to win?
1. Barracuda, 5 Horbury Rd, Ossett
2. Blue Marlin Fisheries, 179B Batley Road, Alverthorpe.
3. Cross Lane Fisheries, 122 Horbury Road, Wakefield.
4. George A Green Fisheries, 89 George A Green Road, Wakefield.
5. Lightwaves Fisheries, 61 Lower York Street, Wakefield.
6. New Scarborough Fisheries, 172 Alverthorpe Road, Wakefield.
7. Olde English Fisheries, 11 Westmoreland Street, Wakefield.
8. Saint Michaels Fisheries, 5 Horbury Road, Wakefield.
9. The Codfather, 117 Townley Road, Wakefield.
10. Wetherby Whaler, Calder Island, Wakefield.
To vote from the list, simply return the coupon in Friday’s Wakefield Express back to us on, stating the full name and address of the chip shop or restaurant you wish to nominate.
Closing date for nominations is 10am, Friday 26th August 2016.
Please be aware photocopied or defaced coupons will not be accepted. Hand delivered coupons to the office or coupons that are received after the closing date will also not be accepted.