Electric blanket causes house fire in Pontefract

Latest news...
Latest news...

An electric blanket sparked a house fire in Pontefract last night (Monday).

Crews from Pontefract and Featherstone were called to a property on Churchbalk Lane at around 11pm.

A woman aged in her 70s was taken to hospital by ambulance for a check-up.

A fire service spokesman said: “A lot of people will be using electric blankets at this time of year but we would urge people to have them checked by a qualified electrician before using them.

“We will also be giving fire safety advice to people living in the area today.”