AN ‘EVIL’ cat killer has poisoned three pets belonging to the same family with anti-freeze.
Mum-of-two Alison Hickling has set up an online campaign to protect other pets.
She and her two sons were left heartbroken after Gizmo, GreyOne and Jess all suffered painful deaths after drinking a poisonous liquid.
Her website, www.antifreezekills.co.uk is calling for chemicals to be added to anti-freeze to make it repulsive to pets.
Miss Hicking, of Addison Avenue, Normanton, said: “The vet said all three had been poisoned by anti-freeze.
“It has a sweet taste and it’s really appealing to cats and other pets including dogs.
“We’re trying to get the manufacturers to put something in it, a bittering agent, to deter them from drinking it.”
GreyOne and Jess died on February 24 and followed by Gizmo three days later.
Miss Hickling’s sons, Luke, nine, and Andrew, six, are still devastated after losing three of their seven cats.
She said: “Luke is really disturbed that somebody could do something so evil.”
Sean Wensley, PDSA Senior Vet, urged owners to take their pets straight to the vets if they suspected they had drunk anti-freeze.
He said: “Symptoms of poisoning can include poor co-ordination, increased thirst, convulsions and vomiting.”
As well as the website, there is also a Twitter account and a Facebook page.
And she has also urged people to put their names to a government e-petition set up by other cat lovers.
For more information log on to www.antifreezekills.co.uk