Firefighters called after man leaves flat with pan burning in Wakefield

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a flat in Wakefield after a man left his flat with a pan still burning on the hob.

A crew from Wakefield were called out to the incident on Harewood Road at 10.20pm last night (Tuesday).

A downstairs neighbour had called firefighters having heard the man’s smoke alarm going off.

When firefighters from Wakefield Station arrived they found the flat was unoccupied and had to force their way in.

They removed the pan from the electric hob and used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.

They then called the occupant who swiftly returned.

Nobody was injured and firefighters left the scene after around 40 minutes.