A BARN full of hay went up in flames today (Friday).
Firefighters from Wakefield and Normanton were called to the blaze at Larkdale Farm, on Hare Park Lane in Crofton.
When they arrived just before 2pm, the farmer was already dragging hay out of the barn.
Both crews then spent nearly two hours dousing the flames before the fire was out.
Crew commander Dean Lodge said the fire was started by spontaneous combustion and most of the hay was ruined.
But he praised the farmer for his quick action, which saved the barn building.