Firefighters tackle burning house in Ossett

Latest news...

Latest news...

0
Have your say

A neighbour raised the alarm when a fire started in an Ossett home.

Firefighters were called to the blaze on Whitley Spring Road shortly after midday today (Wednesday).

The fire had started in the boiler room of the house and caused severe smoke damage to the kitchen.

The house was empty at the time, but a neighbour heard the smoke alarm and called 999.

It is believed the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault.