Grill pan leads to house fire

Latest news...

Latest news...

0
Have your say

A grill pan left on a cooker led to a house fire in Castleford.

Fire crews were called to a property on Wood Street at around 2.25pm on Sunday.

Watch Commander Daryl Schofield, from Castleford fire station, said a woman in her 30s left a pan on the hob and fell asleep.

He said: “The occupant of the house had stayed up and watched the boxing on Saturday night and she decided to make something to eat on Sunday afternoon but fell asleep.

“The grill pan was left on the hob and she was only alerted when her son came downstairs and saw the smoke in the kitchen.”

Mr Schofield said the fire badly damaged the kitchen and caused smoke damage to the downstairs of the property.

No-one was injured in the incident.