In this week’s Wakefield Express we lead on the story of how a gang of armed robbers threatened a man with a knife after breaking into his Peacock house while his child and pregnant partner were asleep upstairs.
Also in news:
- Arsonists torched a clubhouse causing £250,000 worth of damage at a golf course.
- Two brothers have missed out on a once in a lifetime family holiday after their passports were delayed.
- As the dust settles following England’s second group game against Uruguay last night, people across the district have been getting into the World Cup spirit.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats’ hopes of avoiding relegation from the First Utility Super League may have received a boost but head coach James Webster still believes that his team must remain focused.
- Wakefield Harriers’ Abby Ward broke a six-year-old record to claim victory in the West Yorkshire Schools Track and Field Championships, at Cleckheaton, last Saturday.