In today’s Wakefield Express we lead on the story of a businessman who groomed a 12-year-old girl and sexually abused her during a four-month period and how he has now been jailed.
Also in news:
- Striking public sector workers staged a rally in Wakefield city centre after walking out in protest at low pay and cuts to their pensions.
- Parents staged noisy protests against the possible closure of children’s centres after plans emerged for a radical shake-up of the service.
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park has been named the best museum in the country winning the award ahead of five other major galleries including the Tate Britain.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats’ push for the First Utility Super League play-offs may have gathered pace but boss James Webster is wary of the injuries that are potentially stacking up within his squad.
- The hunt is now on for a replacement for star striker Ross McCormack after his transfer saga finally came to a conclusion yesterday.