In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is how Wakefield Council has put £2m into a plan to build a new city skills centre - the first step towards creating a university campus in the city.
Also in news:
- A cancer survivor who has cycled thousands of miles for charity has had his beloved bike stolen.
- Furious residents who fear green belt land in Ossett could eventually be used by travellers say they have been left in the dark about two planning applications for the site.
- Real-life stories of sexual assaults and grooming across the district are being shared with school children in a bid to help tackle child sexual exploitation.
- Head coach James Webster is ‘looking forward’ to his first away game in charge at Wakefield Trinity Wildcats after securing his team’s Super League status.
- Ossett revived their Central Yorkshire League Premiership title challenge by climbing to fourth place with a 92-run victory at Altofts.
- Wakefield Harriers star Martyn Bernard is hoping to hit new heights for Team England at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.