In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is about a former soldier and ex-bank boss who was the prime mover in a 12-strong gang that ran a cannabis farm in Wakefield. The set up, one of the biggest ever found, could have netted £2m each year from the streets.
Also in news:
- Have-a-go hero Anees Akram has been praised by a crown court judge after stopping a robber who stole a woman’s handbag in Wakefield city centre.
- Children as young as three are suffering from dental problems because of sugary foods and drinks, a report has revealed.
- A dad has spoken of his family’s nightmare after his autistic son, who has a mental age of two, was sexually assaulted in a care home.
- Sandal edged out Billingham as they continued their winning form and moved up to third spot in National 3 North.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats prop Scott Anderson admits that his first season at the club and in Super League was a ‘shock’ to his system.