In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is about a chef who spiked the drinks of two teenage girls before raping one and sexually assaulting the other while they were incapacitated after hours at a Thai restaurant.
Also in news:
- Party-loving people can seek asylum at a new city centre nightclub later this month.
- A special celebration event will mark the 120th anniversary of the Theatre Royal Wakefield next week.
- The family of a six-year-old boy who died of a brain tumour have set up a drop-in centre for bereaved adults.
- Wakefield Wildcats half-back Pita Godinet has been named in the Samoa squad for the upcoming Four Nations Rugby League tournament to be held in Australia and New Zealand.
- A dominant first half display from Sandal secured a derby win and a fourth straight victory in National 3 North.
- Wakefield Hockey Club men’s seconds produced an inspired performance as they ended the 25-match unbeaten run of City of Manchester.