In today’s Wakefield Express our top story is how a multi-million pound cannabis-growing operation has been shut down after hundreds of plants were found in buildings in the city centre.
Also in news:
- History will be made as the Tour de Yorkshire rolls in to the city for the first time.
- Almost 1,000 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats fans have signed up to a Facebook campaign in the past 48 hours as the club continues its fight for a new community stadium.
- An understaffed care home could face closure after inspectors took enforcement action to protect residents.
- If head coach James Webster thought that the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats’ injury nightmare couldn’t get any worse, he was wrong.
- After several seasons of being ‘the nearly-men’, Sandal finally achieved promotion to National 2 North by overcoming Midlands opponents Hinckley in a hard fought play-off match.
- Wakefield Harriers had a good representation in this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon with ups and downs for everyone involved in the race.