DCSIMG

Firefighters tackle blaze at house in Outwood

Latest news...

Latest news...

A fire in a wheelie bin spread to a house during the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters were called to the house on Whisperwood Road, Outwood, just after 5am.

Before going to bed a woman placed an item into the bin but during the night it smouldered and caught fire.

The fire then spread from the bin, which was standing against the wall of the house, to the patio doors and towards the roof of the house.

A Wakefield fire station spokesman said: “This incident sends a clear message to everyone to store their wheelie bins away from walls.

“The potential for fire to spread is far greater when a bin is against a wall.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page