In this week’s Express we lead on the killers of Kevin Childs who are facing life sentences for his savage murder.
Also in news:
- Inflation-busting rail fare rises are set to hit commuters in the pocket next year.
- Prolific fundraiser Tom Hacker has completed an epic run across Northern England in memory of his mum.
- The number of empty city centre shops has fallen after the council started offering £2,000 grants to encourage businesses to move in.
- A food company has been fined after a worker lost the tips of two fingers while using unguarded machinery at a bakery.
- We also have a full round-up of GCSE results from across the area.
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Matty Wildie is set for a move to neighbours Dewsbury Rams after signing a one year deal this week.
- Wildcats’ stars of the future were recognised in the academy awards evening on Monday.
- Share your thoughts on our best ever Wakefield Trinity team.
- Wakefield Harrier George Heppinstall equals club record and wins bronze at Northern Athletics Championships.
- Enter our competition to win a wedding worth up to £9,500.
- Enter our Cute Kids competition.