In today’s Wakefield Express a mum praises nursery staff who saved the life of her four-year-old daughter.
Also in news:
- A real life scandal involving a secret marriage between a Wakefield heir and a showgirl will be aired on radio.
- The number of patients discharged from hospital in the middle of the night is rising - despite NHS bosses warning against the practice.
- A detailed look at last week’s district elections.
And in sport:
- Richard Agar’s Wakefield Trinity Wildcats squad remains in a state of flux after Taulima Tautai announced his plans to move away from the club at the end of the season.
- Holders Sharlston Rovers lifted the Ace Insurance (Europe) BARLA National Cup for the third time in four seasons by beating Hunslet Old Boys 26-16 in Sunday’s final at Batley Bulldogs.