An Indian restaurant has become the first in the UK to have its new range of healthy curries approved by a heart charity.
The new dishes at Abdul’s, on Broadway, Lupset, have been created by owner Abdul Ghafoor, pictured, in partnership with Heart Research UK.
They have been tested by a leading food science expert who verified they contained much lower levels of salt, calories and saturated fat.
Mr Ghafoor said: “I didn’t want to simply add less cream, I wanted to go through the process properly and develop a range that I was confident would deliver on taste and quality, while also being healthier. With healthier options people often expect less tasty or bland dishes, but I wanted my range to meet with the high expectations of my customers.”
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west