A MAN has been charged with endangering the safety of an aircraft after a laser was shone at a police helicopter.
The incident happened at around 11pm in Lupset last night.
Officers in the X-ray 99 Helicopter alerted the their colleagues from the Central neighbourhood police team (NPT) who were on the ground.
The laser was traced to Lindsay Avenue where a 31-year-old man was arrested.
He is expected to appear before Wakefield Magistrates’ Court later this month.
The helicopter had been called after reports of intruders at Snapethorpe Primary School.
But no suspects were found.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west