A woman who lost her husband to Alzheimer’s has organised a fundraising event to help pay for more specialist nurses in Wakefield.
The nurses give professional advice and support to carers of dementia sufferers, which Mrs Wainwright said was vital when she was looking after her husband.
Mrs Wainwright, of Woolley, said: “MacMillan Nurses are nationally known for supporting cancer sufferers and their carers.
“Admiral nurses have the same cause and the same passion for giving professional advice and support to carers of dementia.”
Businesses are invited to sponsor a table at the black tie event on Saturday, March 9 at the Queens Hotel, Leeds, hosted by the BBC’s Harry Gration and featuring author Gervase Phinn.
Auction prizes will include a private box at York Races, a track day driving a Lamborghin or Aston Martin and a five-star spa weekend at York’s Cedar Court Grand Hotel.
To buy tickets or to sponsor a table at the event, log on to http://night-to-remember.org.uk
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North