A man died on the M1 motorway after he crashed his car
A man died on the M1 motorway after he crashed his car.
His Audi A4 convertible collided with the central reservation and crossed all three lanes of traffic before landing in a field.
It happened just at 4.12pm last night on the northbound carriage way just outside Garforth, Leeds.
The 42-year-old driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other vehicles were involved.
A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said the motorway was closed just after the incident and re-opened at around 8pm.
Anyone with information should contact the Major Collision Enquiry Team on 101.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North