A COW was shot dead by a police marksmen after it escaped from an abattoir.
Officers were called to Kepak Group, on Flanshaw Way, on Monday afternoon.
Staff at the abattoir reported that the cow had escaped after jumping over a fence.
A spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Police said: “We were contacted by the abattoir at 1.56pm to reports that a cow had escaped and was likely to prove dangerous to the public.
“We sent a specialist armed officer and the animal was dispatched with without incident.”
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West