Firefighters rescued a school boy who got stuck after climbing a tree.
They were called to Normanton Junior School, on Church Lane, at playtime this morning after the seven-year-old got into difficulty.
They used specialist spreading equipment to prise the branches open and free him safely.
Watch Commander Darren Hague said: “He was okay, it was just that he couldn’t get his leg out.
“It’s school policy not to climb trees but he managed to escape and get up one.”
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west