TRAIN services between Wakefield Westgate and Leeds are being disrupted due to flooding.
Services heading northbound to Leeds are unaffected but trains heading southbound out of Leeds are being diverted or cancelled.
Northern Rail, East Coast and Cross Country services are all affected by the flooding at Ardsley tunnel.
Some services on the southbound line are being diverted to Wakefield Kirkgate.
Network Rail said they were on site assessing the problem and that normal service should resume shortly.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west