A FOOTBALL club has moved a step nearer to their fundraising goal thanks to the support of the local community.
Frickley Athletic needs to raise £550,000 to build a new function room and changing facilities at their Westfield Lane base in South Elmsall.
And after receiving £500,000 in grants, the club, who play in the EvoStik Northern Premier Division, has been left with the challenge of raising £50,000 itself.
But more than £12,000 has already been raised for the project with further grant applications in place.
Club chairman, Gareth Dando, said: “We are getting there. We’ve raised over £12,000. It’s less than 25 per cent but I think it’s a fantastic effort so far by everyone. It’s obviously difficult times for everyone but this new facility will be there for the community to use.”
The facilities are set to be behind the goal at the town end of the ground and will feature a new function room, four team changing rooms and two officials changing facilities.
And Mr Dando hopes the facilities can be used by the whole community.
He added: “It’s all about getting involved and we want the new facilities to be used by everyone.”
Work could start as early as May 2013 and the project could be completed in the autumn of next year - if fundraising targets are met.
For more information or to find out how to help the club contact Mark Ainge on 07733 654373.
- Letter - Find out what is really happening in the NHS
- Wakefield’s Claire Cooper named Best Actress at British Soap Awards
- Wakefield Wildcats: Mathers set for return at Hull KR as Wildcats sweat on Poore fitness
- Wakefield Wildcats: Half-time lead not enough as Wildcats go down at Hull KR
- X-Factor audition was heavily edited, says Wakefield's Ariel Burdett
- MP calls for halt to ‘delusional’ shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals new deadline to become Foundation Trust
- Debbie’s stilton the block after a quarter a centu-brie and “Caerphilly” going for a world record attempt
- ‘Bribes’ being offered to fill disused £14m fire control centre in Wakefield
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South