HEAVY snow is causing chaos with around 15 centimetres falling in some areas overnight - and more is on the way.
Gritters have been out all night and Wakefield Council said main roads are now passable with care.
One lane is blocked in both directions on the M1 between Junction 35 Thorpe Hesley, and Junction 40 at Flushdyke because of the snow.
On the M62 one lane is blocked westbound between Junction 38 at North Cave and Junction 31 at Castleford.
Some arriva bus services have been suspended. Visit www.wymetro.com for more information.
For school closures visit School Closures
More to follow.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North