Homegrown soap star Claire Cooper is in the running for a national TV award.
Best known for her role as Hollyoaks Jacqui McQueen
the former Kettlethorpe High School pupil has been nominated for a British Soap Award.
Ms Cooper, who also went to Sandal Endowed Junior School, is in the running to win Best Actress.
She has starred in Hollyoaks since 2006 but this year announced she was leaving the long-running Channel 4 soap in April.
On Monday she tweeted: “Just woke to hear I’m nominated for Best actress #BSA an absolute honour to be recognised & with an end of an era for Jacqui- I couldn’t ask for anything more! Thank u & huge congrats to all the nominees across the board.Today’s a wonderful day.”
Hollyoaks is up against Coronation Street, Eastenders, Doctors and Emmerdale for the Best Soap award.
To cast your vote visit www.britishsoapawards.tv before 5pm on April 15. The shortlist will be announced on April 22 and the awards ceremony will take place in May.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west