DRIVERS have been warned of severe delays after two incidents closed both the M1 and M62 motorways.
A car transporter has overturned closing the north and southbound carriageways of the M1 at junction, close to Denby Dale Road.
A spokeswoman from West Yorkshire Police said the cars from the transporter were currently being removed from the motorway and the banking.
And the M62 was closed at 10.15am after a woman fell from a bridge close the junction 27 at Gildersome, Leeds.
Both carriageways had to be closed to allow the Yorkshire Air Ambulance to land.
The woman was taken to hospital and the motorway is expected to reopen shortly.
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Unemployment still at highest since the 1990s
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North