A man was seriously injured after his arm got trapped in machinery at a recycling centre.
The man was taken to Pinderfields Hospital after the incident at Logicare Recycling Company, on Tyler Close, Normanton, shortly after 9am this morning (Tuesday).
Firefighters from Normanton and Castleford rescued the person by dismantling the machine.
Other emergency services included the air ambulance and hazardous area response team.
The man was taken to Pinderfields Hospital by ambulance.
A spokeswoman for Yorkshire Ambulance Service said the man suffered “serious” injuries to his arm, but his condition was not thought to be life threatening.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North