HEAVY rain is expected to last until tomorrow, with a risk of flooding across the district.
The Met Office has issued a weather warning saying prolonged periods of heavy rain will last for all of Monday and into tomorrow.
And there also could be a risk of severe gale force winds, particularly over high ground.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “The public should be prepared for an increased risk of both surface water and river flooding during this period.
“Flooding issues may be exacerbated in places by drainage impeded by debris, for example leaves and small branches blown from trees.”
- Letter - Find out what is really happening in the NHS
- Wakefield’s Claire Cooper named Best Actress at British Soap Awards
- Wakefield Wildcats: Mathers set for return at Hull KR as Wildcats sweat on Poore fitness
- Wakefield Wildcats: Half-time lead not enough as Wildcats go down at Hull KR
- X-Factor audition was heavily edited, says Wakefield's Ariel Burdett
- MP calls for halt to ‘delusional’ shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals new deadline to become Foundation Trust
- Debbie’s stilton the block after a quarter a centu-brie and “Caerphilly” going for a world record attempt
- ‘Bribes’ being offered to fill disused £14m fire control centre in Wakefield
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South