THE city’s new £10m swimming pool will open on Saturday, October 20.
Wakefield Council announced the date for Sun Lane Leisure this morning.
At a council meeting yesterday, leader Coun Peter Box said he hoped a paralympic swimmer could be invited to swim the first length of the pool.
But more information about the launch of the new pool will be made available over the coming weeks.
Council bosses had hoped for a September opening, but announced last month that there were delays.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North