A cannabis farm worth £5,000 was raided by police in Portobello.
PSCOs Rhys Dickson and Gareth Owen sniffed out the drugs during a patrol on Kimberley Street on Monday afternoon.
Inside a house, they discovered 12 mature plants that were ready to be harvested and sold on the city’s streets.
Hydroponic equipment used to grow the drugs was also seized.
Sgt Mark Beet, of the Central neighbourhood police team, said: “If anyone believes cannabis may be being grown in their neighbourhood they can contact us anonymously and we will always act on information given.”
A 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and released on bail pending further enquiries.
To contact the NPT call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West