Police are urging motorists to be aware of a test drive scam.
Pontefract and Knottingley Neighbourhood Policing Team posted the warning on their Facebook site asking people to take care when selling a vehicle.
It said a crime pattern was emerging in Yorkshire, where people who have advertised a car for sale are asked for a test drive, during which the suspect will say they have heard a noise at the back of the car.
When the driver pulls over so the suspect can get out to inspect the vehicle with the engine still running, the owner is asked to get out and have a listen too.
Once the driver is out of the care, the suspect gets in and drives off.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west