YOUR charming love stories of past and present could feature in a new city centre exhibition.
The council’s new Wakefield ONE building will host an exhibition on love when it opens this autumn.
And people have been asked to contact the council with stories of how they met in Wakefield, whether recent or involving some of the city’s history.
Photographs and memorabilia, such as old wedding dresses or customised hen-night kit, will also feature in the exhibition.
Council workers have offered to meet with people to hear their stories.
If you can contribute to the exhibition, please call 01924 302700, or email museumslearning@ wakefield.gov.uk
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Unemployment still at highest since the 1990s
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North