Jurors are still considering their verdicts in the trial of three men accused of murdering a 20-year-old from Mirfield.
Joe Church, 21, of Redlands Close, Mirfield, Nadeem Rashid, 21, of Lapwing View, Horbury, and Aaron Smith, 19, of Saville Street, Emley, all deny murdering Josh Hirst, who was stabbed outside his Grove Street home in August last year.
The jury at Leeds Crown Court began their deliberations on Tuesday, sat for a full day on Wednesday and have continued this afternoon (Thursday) until they were sent home at around 4pm.
The three defendants have also pleaded not guilty to an alternative charge of manslaughter and the jury will continue considering their verdicts tomorrow morning.
Keep checking our website for updates.
- Letter - Find out what is really happening in the NHS
- Wakefield’s Claire Cooper named Best Actress at British Soap Awards
- Wakefield Wildcats: Mathers set for return at Hull KR as Wildcats sweat on Poore fitness
- Wakefield Wildcats: Half-time lead not enough as Wildcats go down at Hull KR
- X-Factor audition was heavily edited, says Wakefield's Ariel Burdett
- MP calls for halt to ‘delusional’ shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals new deadline to become Foundation Trust
- Debbie’s stilton the block after a quarter a centu-brie and “Caerphilly” going for a world record attempt
- ‘Bribes’ being offered to fill disused £14m fire control centre in Wakefield
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South