FLOOD alerts remain in place for Wakefield as forecasters predict more heavy rain for the city.
But the Met Office has said rain will ease overnight (Monday).
The Environment Agency issued alerts for Ings Beck, Alverthorpe Beck, Balne Beck and Oakenshaw Beck this morning as water levels rose.
Its medium flood risk warning remains in place, meaning there is a significant possibility of flooding from rivers and surface water.
But that is expected to be reduced to a low risk warning tomorrow.
For advice about flood prevention call the Floodline on 0845 9881188 or log on to www.environment-agency.gov.uk
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Unemployment still at highest since the 1990s
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east