Wakefield group Momentum Dance is getting ready to perform live on Sky One’s Got To Dance.
Twelve young dancers, aged from 17 to 20, will need viewers’ votes to stay in the competition when they perform in tonight’s semi-final.
Momentum Dance, which is based at Cathedral Academy of Performing Arts (CAPA) college in Thornes, wowed judges with their zombie act to make it through to the final 30.
Artistic director Eddie Copp said: “We are so excited to have been selected in the final 30 acts of such a prestigious, national dance event.
“We’re busy working hard in the studio to ensure we pull out all the stops for the live show.
“We really want to fly the flag for quality dance provision in the north of England, but in particular our home town of Wakefield. The support has been fantastic and is so appreciated by all at Momentum.”
Got to Dance is on Sky One at 6pm tonight (Sunday).
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates 2nd birthday with an announcement
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Rod Stewart set to perform at Leeds Arena
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west