MOTORISTS are continuing to battle against the elements as snow continues to fall in Wakefield.
There are severe delays on the M1 as one lane is blocked because of an accident.
Traffic is slow on the northbound carriageway, between junction 39, for the A636, Durkar, and junction 40, for the A638, Flushdyke.
And one lane remains blocked on the M62, at junction 24, near Huddersfield.
Many workers abandoned their cars this morning and opted for public transport.
Arriva has announced that its buses are slowly being placed back in to service, but many routes remain suspended for the time being.
Wakefield Council workers have been clearing main routes across the district.
Gritting lorries have been out on the main roads and the council’s snow plough has been in Ossett.
Earlier the exit slip road at junction 42 of the M1 was blocked, and one lane was blocked in both directions between junction 37, at Dodworth, and junction 40, at Flushdyke.
On the M62 there was a lane closed on the exit slip road and slow traffic westbound at junction 33, for Ferrybridge Services, because of an overturned vehicle.
- HS2 to bring 150 jobs but what’s the cost ?
- Eric Pickles blasts council free-sheets as “knock off imitation”
- Police and martial arts club offer ladies-only self defence classes in Normanton, Wakefield
- Apprentice Francesca Mcduff-Varley will ‘fight to the death’ to impress Lord Sugar
- Win tickets to watch England at Headingley this Bank Holiday
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North