Motorists face delays as work on a £20m scheme to reduce congestion on the M62 nears completion.
A series of overnight closures will be in place on the stretch between junction 30 and junction 32.
The scheme - expected to be completed next month - is part of the government’s £317m national ‘pinch point’ programme and will include new CCTV cameras and automatic traffic monitoring between junction 30 at Rothwell and junction 32 at Pontefract.
Data will then be sent to the Highways Agency’s regional control centre in Wakefield which will be able to apply temporary speed limits on new electronic signs which will also be installed.
Details of the closures are as follows:
- Wednesday, January 21 - full closure eastbound between junction 31 and 32.
- Thursday, January 22 - full closure eastbound between junction 30 and 31.
- Friday, January 23 - full closure eastbound between junction 30 and 31.
- Sunday, January 25 - junction 31 westbound entry slip road closed.
- Monday, January 26 - full closure westbound between junction 31 and 30.
- Tuesday, January 27 - full closure westbound between junction 32 and 31.
All of the closures will be in place from 8pm to 6am. Clearly signed diversions will be in place.
For more information on the project visit: http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/road-projects/M62-Junction-30-to-Junction-32