Man injured in chip pan blaze

Latest news...
Latest news...
0
Have your say

A Peacock man was taken to hospital with burns after trying to tackle a chip pan blaze at his home on Friday night.

The 21-year-old man burnt his hands and arms trying to put out the fire, after an unattended chip pan caught light at his home on Lincoln Street.

Wakefield fire crews were called to the house at about 8pm on Friday July 26. Two other men, aged 34 and 55, escaped unharmed.

Andrew Kinnear, watch manager, said the kitchen was badly damaged in the blaze, although fire crews prevented it spreading elsewhere in the house.

He issued a warning to householders about the dangers of chip pans, saying: “Chip pans should never be left unattended, and it’s better to use something else, like a deep fat fryer.”