Mice start house fire

Latest news...
Latest news...
0
Have your say

RODENTS are being blamed for starting an early morning house fire.

It is believed mice or rats gnawed through wiring, leading to a mini blaze in a property in Netherton.

Crews from Ossett attended the house on Netherton Hall Gardens shortly after 3am this morning (Friday).

Watch commander Richard Humes said: “It is not something you get everyday. I think we can logically put the cause down to mice or rats as there were droppings found nearby.”

The exposed wires caused boxes to smoulder in a utility room, filling the property with smoke and waking the owners.

Nobody was injured.