SPARKS will fly as people celebrate Bonfire Night across the city this weekend.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2
- Woodman Inn, Leeds Road, bonfire lit at 7pm, fireworks at about 8pm, children must be accompanied by an adult. Outside bar and food. Free but no parking outside the pub.
- Blacker Hall Farm, Calder Grove, SOLD OUT.
- Ossett Albion and Ossett firefighters, Queens Terrace, Dimple Wells Road, Ossett, bonfire lit at 6.30pm, fireworks at 7.30pm. Tickets available from the fire station on Dale Street.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3
- Wakefield Council, Thornes Park, opens at 6pm, bonfire lit at 7pm, fireworks at 8pm. Free.
- Notton Village Hall, Notton, opens at 5.30pm, bonfire lit at 7pm, fireworks at 8pm. Tickets, at £4 for adults and £2.50 for children, are available at Notton Post Office. Parking is free.
- Whitwood Golf Club clubhouse, Altofts Lane, opens at 6pm, bonfire lit at 7pm, fireworks at 8pm. Food available for £3 per person.
If you know of other events to celebrate Bonfire Night, please contact us on 01924 433013.