Tumble dryer sparks Horbury house fire

Library picture

Library picture

0
Have your say

A tumble dryer sparked a fire in the basement of a Horbury house last night (Thursday).

Fire crews from Ossett and Wakefield were called to a property in New Road at around 6pm.

Noone was in the property at the time, but the fire caused smoke damage to other rooms in the house.

Two breathing appartus wearers tackled the fire using a hose reel and positive pressure ventilation fans to clear the property of smoke.

Crews left at around 7.15pm.