DCSIMG

Unattended pan leads to kitchen fire in Stanley

Latest news...

Latest news...

An unattended pan led to a kitchen fire in Stanley last night (Friday).

Crews from Wakefield were called to a property on Hayden Avenue just after 10pm.

One woman was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

Mick Ferries, watch commander at Wakefield Fire Station, said: “There wasn’t too much damage to the property but quite a bit of smoke had spread.

“We would urge people not to leave pans unattended when cooking and to make sure they have working smoke detectors in their homes.”

For a free fire safety check call West Yorkshire Fire Service on 0800 587 4536 or your local fire station.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page