Wakefield house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A TUMBLE dryer started a blaze in a house this morning (Friday).

Firefighters were called to the house on Wellington Street, Alverthorpe just after 8am.

Most of the damage was confined to the basement, but the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.

Crew commander Darren Wales, from Wakefield Fire Station, said the people in the house were “safe and well”.

He also said that the home was not fitted with smoke alarms.

The fire service fitted some before leaving.

Anyone wanting a free home fire safety check should contact the fire service on 0800 5874536.