These are the questions on local issues which voters need to ask of candidates at the forthcoming council elections:
1. Do you believe that Wakefield Market Hall should be demolished after only six years of existence?
2. Do you support the construction of High Speed Rail 2, or would you prefer the money to be diverted to local infrastructure improvement?
3. Would you back any constituents who did not want a school to be converted to an academy?
4. Do you think that “The Citizen” should be closed?
5. Should the council restore the possibility of 100% council tax benefit or continue prosecuting the poorest for sums which they cannot afford?
6. Should residents be charged for a permit to park outside their own homes, especially when others already receive it free?
7. Should the management of Pugneys Country Park be privatised?
Keith F Wells
UK Independence Party candidate for Wakefield North